Pilgrim Rest Baptist Church - East
Constituted to the glory of God by early settlers in 1859, in then Henry County, Ala. Originally with the West Florida Baptist Association, joined Columbia Baptist Association in 1887. First church built of logs. First members were Nathan Whiddon, Mary Whiddon, Elizabeth Stephens, Sarah Parker, A.B. Williams, Moses Parker, Aner M. Blackwell, Sarah Stapleton, Mary Parker. First deacons were Nathan Whiddon, A.B. Williams. Church became part of Houston Co. in 1903. Present church built in 1911, with improvements since added. Church cemetery began circa 1904, previous burials were in nearby church and family graveyards.
[2003: Friendship Road at County Road 4, near Crosby 31.0200 N 85.1245 W]